A Quick and Easy 3 Course Meal
Imagine having family round. All you have in the fridge is some old Lidl stuff and you do not want to serve that up. So, what are you going to do? Go to M&S or Tesco but what if there is something better? What if there was an effortless way to cook that would be really appreciated? What if it was easy? Well here you are reading an article that tells you just that.
Starter Breaded Ravioli
Ingredients: Serves: 10
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons of water
240g of breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
700g fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat an oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Place a wire rack on a baking tray.
Beat together the egg white and water in a small bowl. Mix breadcrumbs, oregano, basil, and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
Dip each ravioli in the beaten egg, and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Spray both sides of breaded ravioli with oil spray; place on the wire rack.
Bake breaded ravioli in preheated oven until golden brown and crispy, 15 to 25 minutes.
Ingredients Serves: 12
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
5 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cut into cubes
2 cloves garlic
5 onions, cut into pieces
2 red peppers, cut into pieces
120 New potatoes
1) Cook the new potatoes according to the packet
2) In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kebabs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions, and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
Preheat the oven for 350 F.
Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
Lightly oil the cooking grate. Cook kebabs for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade often.
Dessert Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries
Ingredients Serves: 12
200g of good quality plain chocolate
100ml of milk
400ml of double cream
200g of strawberries (or other seasonal fruit), sliced
1) Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Once smooth and melted, remove from heat.
2) Heat the milk until just boiling, then whisk in melted chocolate. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
3) Whip 150ml of the cream to soft peaks, then fold it into the cooled chocolate.
4) Reserve 6 strawberry slices for decoration, then divide the rest between 6 serving ramekins or small bowls. Then evenly spoon over the chocolate mousse.
5)Whip the remaining cream to stiff peaks, then place a dollop over each bowl of mousse and decorate with reserved strawberries.