Updated: Feb 24, 2020
Make your own scrumptious Candy Cane pie.
Total time to complete: 15 mins + chilling
24 large marshmallows
2 ounces whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 drops peppermint extract
6 drops red food coloring
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon crushed peppermint candy, divided
4.5 ounces heavy whipping cream, whipped
1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
Recipe (hopefully not for disaster)
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk over low heat. Cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla, salt, peppermint extract and food coloring. Cool 30 minutes, stirring several times. Stir in 2 tablespoons crushed candies; fold in whipped cream.
3. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining candy.
Then you are done! A recipe for anyone who needs a bit of Christmas spirit. Next for a quick and easy treat!
Total time to complete: 30 mins (standing) with 1 hour drying
8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
12 candy canes (6 inches)12 to 20 pretzels
12 red-hot candies
24 black sugar pearls or miniature semisweet chocolate chips or black sprinkles
1. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Keep warm. Holding the curved end of a candy cane, use a spoon to drizzle coating over the straight part of cane. Gently shake off excess. Place on waxed paper to dry. Repeat with remaining candy canes. Break pretzels into pieces to resemble antlers (set aside 24 pieces.)
2. For each reindeer nose, dab a small amount of melted candy coating onto a red-hot. Press onto the end of the curved portion of the candy cane and hold for about 10 seconds. For the eyes, dab a small amount of coating on two sugar pearls and attach to candy cane above nose.
3. Select two similar pretzel pieces and dab a small amount of coating onto the candy cane where antlers will be attached. Press pretzel pieces into the coating and hold for about 30 seconds. Repeat for remaining reindeer. Place in mugs or drinking glasses; let dry for about 1 hour.
Then you have your masterpiece! I hope you enjoy these festive bakes