Something to Crunch this Christmas
Updated: Feb 25
Christmas is coming and what better way to celebrate than a festive snack! Here's the ultimate gingerbread recipe this season. For any extra details- visit BBC GoodFood (where the recipeis from).
What will you need?
225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
½ tsp salt
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 heaped tsp ground ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
50g unsalted butter
100g soft brown sugar
100g golden syrup
1) Heat oven to 180C fan/gas 5 and line a baking tray with baking parchment or grease proof paper.
2) Sieve the flour, salt, bicarb, ginger and cinnamon into a large bowl.
3) Heat the butter, sugar and syrup until dissolved in a separate bowl, don't mix yet!
4) Leave the sugar mixture to cool slightly, then mix into the dry ingredients to form a dough.
5) Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 mins- if you're in a hurry this stage wont matter too much.
6) Place your gingerbread shapes on the lined trays, allowing space for them to spread.
7) Cook for 10-15 mins, then remove from the oven and leave to cool.